Automatic Misting System AMS-MM+20
Thank you for your recent purchase of an Automatic Misting System manufactured by Mosquito Control Equipment. This manual will guide you through the setup, operation and maintenance of your system.
General safety considerations
- Misting Concentrates: There are a variety of concentrated repellents and insecticides for use in Automatic misting systems. Only use concentrates labeled for use in Automatic Misting systems. Read all labels and Safety Data Sheets carefully, following all instructions regarding application, dilution rates, storage and disposal. Some misting concentrates may be toxic to fish or burn plants. When locating nozzles, prevent mist from drifting off property. The insecticide label should be attached to the drum in a weatherproof pouch.
- Once the system has been assembled and programmed, the drum clamp ring and control box should be padlocked to prevent access by children.
- Electrical Shock Hazard: Disconnect the power source before servicing. Failure to do so could result in serious injury or death.
- The System should be located in a clean, level, covered area, free from flooding and runoff, near a GFCI (ground fault circuit interrupt) protected outlet rated for 15 Amps minimum. Extension cords should not be used.
The Program Clock
- Setting the Clock: Turn the Minute hand clockwise until the time of day (AM or PM) on the outer dial is aligned with the triangular marker on the inner dial.
- Programming: Push a white captive tripper outward at each time misting is desired. Each tab on the Program Clock represents fifteen minuets.
- See FAQs or System Page for Digital Clock Programing
Mist time adjustment
- The misting time may be set between 5 and 180 seconds by adjusting the knob to the right of the Program Clock
Auto / Off / Test Switch
- Test : When in the Test position the pump will run continuously. There are several scenarios where this is useful. See Initial setup and Flushing below.
- Off : When in the Off position the Clock’s program will not be actuated nor will the remote control initiate mist cycles. The Clock is powered and will keep time.
- Auto: When in the Auto position the Clock’s program will be actuated and the remote control will initiate Mist cycles on demand
Tank Empty Light
- The Tank Empty light illuminates when the tank level is below the minimum operating range. Note: When the tank level is below minimum operating range the system will shut down; it will not be operable until the tank is refilled.
- The circuit breaker will pop up when a short circuit or overload is detected. Push to reset. If it pops again after being reset unplug the system and call a service technician
Remote Control transmitter:
- A misting cycle may be initiated on demand by pushing the center O button of the remote control transmitter. The Auto / Off / Test Selector Switch must be in the Auto position. Note: if the program clock is at a white captive tripper, the remote will not work until it has passed the tripper
Initial setup: Prior to use, the pump will need to be primed. Attach a short piece of ¼” tubing with NO nozzle to the OUT port and direct the tube to an acceptable spray out location, turn the system to Test until water is coming out. For winterizing each year you will need to drain out the pump to keep it from freezing (damage to pump caused by failure to winterize is not covered by warranty).
Once the nozzles are mounted, and connected with tubing, a test for leaks and nozzle spray pattern can be conducted. Fill the tank about half way with clean water, plug in the system and set the Selector switch to Test. (This will cause the pump will run continuously) Walk the Nozzle circuit checking for leaks, and spray pattern.
Nozzle Flushing: Prior to turning off your system for an extended period of time, as in winterizing, flush the system of any residual misting solution as this can clog nozzles. Place your intake tube into a 5 gallon bucket of fresh clean water and turn the selector switch to Test, Allow to run for several minutes. After tubing and nozzles have been flushed; be sure to drain pump.
Misting Concentrate Dilution: Most misting concentrate packaging and dilution rates are based on 55 gallon systems. With The AMS-MM+20 only use 23.27 oz of concentrate for each 20 gallon fill; using more than the recommended amount will damage the pump and void its warranty
Warranty: Mosquito Control Equipment One Year Limited Warranty
Products covered: The following Mosquito Misting system products manufactured by Mosquito Control Equipment are covered by this limited warranty: AMS-MM, AMS-MM+20, AMS-S1M, AMS-A, and AMS-D
How long is the warranty?: The warranty begins on the date of purchase and lasts for one year.
What is covered: This Limited Warranty covers any defects in material or workmanship under normal use during the Warranty Period.
What is not covered
1)Filters. 2) Damage due to misuse, abuse, neglect, theft, vandalism, unauthorized repairs or attempted repairs, natural disasters, acts of God or terrorism. 3) Damage in shipping to or from the manufacturer. 4) Shipping and packaging of a system returned for a warranty claim. 5) Any special, indirect, exemplary, incidental or consequential damages arising out of or in connection with the product, any other materials or services furnished hereunder, to the greatest extent allowed by applicable law.
How to make a Warranty claim
Please contact the factory by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), telephone (800-805-5049) or mail and provide your name, ship to address, telephone #, email address, serial #, date of purchase and a description of the product defect. A warranty technician will be assigned to your case and contact you to diagnose and troubleshoot the problem. If the product must be sent to a factory service center for repair they will issue you a return authorization # and provide you shipping instructions. Please do not return products to the factory without a return authorization number as they will be rejected, returned to sender freight collect. This warranty is the sole exclusive remedy regarding any potential defects of the product and is limited to the repair or replacement of the product purchased.